Karen + Rob
Trunk Bay, St. John Wedding
It all began with a WINK…
August 4th, 2011, 6:13pm. A moment of divine intervention. A day in time which Rob & Karen will never forget. The day the universe found a way to unite their two souls together & their Happily Ever After was about to begin. “I noticed her on the site & never thought I could get “The Wink”’…, explains Rob. A short while later, while standing in line to ride “Big Thunder Mountain” on a Disneyland vacation with his son, “The Wink” suddenly appeared on his cell phone, inviting Rob into what would be a life-changing adventure. They would meet face-to-face soon enough, but first exchanged a week’s worth of heartfelt emails, getting to know one another. “The Wink” would soon become a touchstone in their relationship; something that grounds their love, reminding them of that incredible moment with love brought them together. It’s no wonder that sentimental Rob had the interior lining of his custom made wedding suit personalized with the phrase “Wink Come True” to commemorate their wedding day.
The day I met Karen, I knew how special she was. Karen is like no other! Confident, radiant & a girl who truly knows what she wants from life. Having endured a path of loss & pain, she walks on with the determination to fulfill life in an abundance of love and happiness and she spreads that contagious good energy to everyone she encounters. Rob is a sweet, handsome down to earth man. The pair just compliment each other in the most storybook kind of way. Spend just a few minutes in their presence and you know they were meant to fall into each other’s arms.
Lucky for me, they decided on a romantic destination wedding on one of the Five Most Beautiful Beaches in the World: the stunning and fairly isolated beach of Trunk Bay on St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. Just two days before their wedding, a storm front blew in and most of the beach became completely covered by the ocean. During this time, several other planned weddings had to locate an alternative location. However, on Feb. 20th, heaven smiled on them once again and luckily for Karen & Rob, their wedding day would remain on beautiful Trunk Bay. I couldn’t have imagined it anywhere else… the stars aligned for this magical couple. With little beach at our access, Trunk Bay still undoubtedly provided the most amazingly beautiful backdrop to their oceanfront toes-in-the-sand ceremony. Overcast sky towards dusk let in the light of the heavens as they were truly blessed! We continued to shoot on the beach even after Karen’s bridal gown was drenched from the surf & she was completely content letting the flow of the natural energy radiate their love for one another. Their adventures together are just beginning & I am forever grateful to have witnessed this day! Xoxoxo
- Gown – Allure Couture vintage lace. The Wedding Bell, Tacoma, WA.
- Bridal jewelry- 1930′s Vintage Juliana Parure with Lime Green Rhinestone jewels and Long Dangle Earrings in a gold tone setting.
- Ring – Vintage 1940′s Green rhinestone Cabachon Cocktail Ring.
- Feather and vintage rhinestone Shoeclips & Hairpiece handmade by Sophisticata, etsy.com
- Rob’s Suit – Custom tailor made Joseph Aboud with paisley silk lining. Personalized interior lining reads “Wink Come True” Nordstrom.
- Cufflinks -Vintage 1900s DECO Green Glass Cabochon Brass Gilt Bezel Set Men’s Button Cuff Links. Steampunk. Edwardian. Victorian. Etsy.com
- Rob’s Bowie & Pocket squares custom made by Amanda Floyd of Divine Domestication, etsy.com
- Brides gift to groom: Rolex Datejust Watch with custom engraving “I’ll love you for all time and eternity”